Monday 4 August 2014

HE PROMISED ME


Growing up in a christian set up my mum would make sure each of us would say a memory verse rather a scripture from the Bible before we head on to bed .She would then expound the verses  as God would inspire and reveal to her. She kept daring us that she can teach and or preach from any verse of the Bible,so this particular day my siblings and I decided to play the hare game on her.That day we  picked our memory verses from some chapters of the bible that I have always wondered why God had them included  in the Holy Bible. #GeneologyStories,this begot this,the son to so and  so brought forth ..and so on.

Unfortunately or fortunately she came home too tired ,her clinch,let us  just pray  no memory verse till tomorrow,mmh shock on us. We were caught in our craftiness .
After prayers we told her of our plans and she explained to us that we say bible verses not as a ritual before bedtime prayers but because they are promises of God that we need to claim because they edify us,they grow our knowledge of the word of truth , promises reveal to us the plan and will of God .They are a basis of hope and faith.

Many times we tend to bend and buy into the boilerplates and patterns of doing things  without asking or knowing why we do them . I have grown to know no matter how much people love me,when it comes to the promises of God I have to claim them all by myself because Proverbs 4:20 instructs me to keep His word in the midst of my heart.

As you claim the promises , be acquainted to the truth of a God of integrity He is going to do it if He promised it.
His promise is what he is willing and able  to do so claim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment