I was required to lead prayers as we began our service, which was a great privilege. But because it was the second service, I also had the responsibility of helping set the house in order by asking those who were not joining the service to exit the auditorium.
Some chose not to move, so I began leading the prayers and continued with the service.
Later, my leader called me aside and said, “Next time, have people move out and let everyone else who remains be active in the service.”
It was a simple correction, but as I thought about it, I realized how often we talk about being corrected without considering how we receive correction.
Sometimes correction comes, and our first instinct is to explain ourselves.
'they weren't listening
And before we have even considered what was said, we are already defending what we did.
But I found myself thinking about tenderness.
Perhaps one of the ways we know that a heart is becoming tender is by how it responds when it is corrected.
A tender heart doesn't mean you never make mistakes,it means your heart remains malleable when the mistake is revealed.
A tender heart remains teachable
DailyWell-Peace ✨
No comments:
Post a Comment